What’s for lunch? Crab crostini, baby! Oh my word these are delicious! And simple, too!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 loaf artisan bread or french baguette, vertically sliced 1/2 inch
- 6 oz crab meat
- 3 tbsp cream cheese – room temp
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp green onion, diced plus 1 tsp sliced for topping
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- optional – 1/2 tsp sesame seeds for topping
- Squeeze of lemon, about 1 tsp
Combine cream cheese, green onion, red pepper, salt and pepper into a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over top of slice avocado to prevent browning. Toast the bread slices. Spread cheese mixture to toasted bread, top with avocado and crab meat. Use the left over green onions and sesame seeds to garnish. Chomp immediately! hehe
This dish can be served with a side of fruit for an easy lunch of elevated with a side of spinach salad for an elegant dinner (could even use as appetizers for company). So versatile and delicious.